- R. Michael Furr - Wake Forest University, USA
Psychometrics | Research Methods in Psychology | Test & Measurement
In this fully revised Fourth Edition of Psychometrics: An Introduction, author R. Michael Furr centers his presentation around a conceptual understanding of psychometric core issues, such as scales, reliability, and validity. Focusing on purpose rather than procedure and the “why” rather than the “how to," this accessible book uses a wide variety of examples from behavioral science research so readers can see the importance of psychometric fundamentals in research. By emphasizing concepts, logic, and practical applications over mathematical proofs, this book gives students an appreciation of how measurement problems can be addressed and why it is important to address them. The book offers readers the most contemporary views of topics in psychometrics available in the nontechnical psychometric literature.
New to this edition:
- Technical appendices in R at the end of most chapters help students apply concepts in a free and powerful software program.
- Dataset and syntax files in R help students apply and practice the concepts they learn.
- Expanded figures and tables (more than twice as many as the previous edition) present information in condensed and visual formats for increased understanding.
- Additional coverage of fundamental statistics and concepts ensures readers start each chapter with the appropriate context and background.
- Expanded depth and breadth of coverage of key issues in psychometrics, including summaries of relevant statistical packages, introduces readers to a wide range of important concepts, principles, and procedures.
- Enhanced clarity and accessibility helps students understand and appreciate the diverse and often highly technical material in psychometric theory.
For additional information, custom options, or to request a personalized walkthrough of these resources, please contact your sales representative.
LMS cartridge included with this title for use in Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
The LMS cartridge makes it easy to import this title’s instructor resources into your learning management system (LMS). These resources include:
- Test banks
- Editable chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides
- All tables and figures from the textbook
You can still access all of the same online resources for this title via the password-protected Instructor Resource Site.
The open-access Student Study Site makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime. It offers flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and datasets for use in SPSS and R.
Ease of reading yet comprehensive.
R code added to what was already one of the best graduate-level psychometrics books on the market, Concepts are explained with plain language and examples.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1. Psychometrics and the Importance of Psychological Measurement