Our reputation for providing excellent services will help attract the world’s leading authors to your journal. We are committed to providing the highest level of production services for your authors and we give authors the tools to promote their work through our author care emails, as well as support through our Author Gateway.
A recent survey of our journals editors to assess Sage’s performance showed that 91% of editors rated their relationship with their Sage Publishing Editor as “good” or “excellent”.
Sage Publishing has made a long-term commitment to society publishing. By partnering with Sage, societies will be at the forefront of industry developments and will benefit from our relationships with service vendors. SAGE’s strong partnerships with societies and associations are grounded in a thorough understanding of their goals and aspirations.
Our publishing teams at Sage have the expertise to guide Editors on journal development to enhance impact, usage, and sales. We work with our editors to help create targeted calls for papers, campaigns to highlight special issues and important content, and we incorporate digital tools, such as social media and virtual online issues, to increase outreach and digital presence. We rely on solid reporting to back up the decisions we make because we believe in evidence-based approaches to strategy and marketing to ensure we apply the best approach for your journal’s development.
Sage's Editorial Support for Societies
- Online Manuscript Submission and Peer Review System: By partnering with Sage you will have access to our own branded version of the ScholarOne Manuscripts system called Sage Track. It is a widely used system and extremely popular with editors, authors, and reviewers.
The key benefits: Our societies find that adoptin Sage Track means less administration for the editorial office, automatic reminders for reviewers and easy to use reporting. Sage is unique in that we have an in-house team to support our journals and we configure the site to fit your workflow and provide you with ongoing support.
- Impact Factor and Citation Metrics: Drawing on considerable experience and access to citation metrics, your Publishing Editor at Sage will provide Editors with data that will inform their journal development strategies to increase the journal's Impact Factor and Sage will manage the administration of Abstracting and Indexing evaluations such as SCOPUS, the ESCI, MEDLINE, etc.
- Reporting: Our reports include usage data, citation analysis, competitor analysis, and author feedback, which can be used to inform and update your editorial strategy.
- Global Sales Program: Sage’s global sales and international marketing programs work to increase international reach by attracting authors and users from across the globe.
- Increasing Online Usage: Our Sage Journals platform provides first-class online journal delivery. Our state-of-the-art platform hosts many of the world’s most highly cited journals.
- Editorial Independence: We whole-heartedly support the editorial independence of every journal we publish.
- Rights and Permissions: Our dedicated legal department will deal with copyright and permissions on your behalf as well as providing guidance on issues of plagiarism.
- Publishing Ethics: The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) is a forum for editors and publishers of peer reviewed journals to discuss issues related to the integrity of work submitted to their journals. Sage endorses COPE’s principles and most of our journals benefit from a COPE membership. Sage has an Ethics and Quality Committee to ensure that we are following industry ethical best practices and able to lend advice to our partners.