In the recent years 'safeguarding' measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of all children has become an increasing focus in the early years.
Supporting Children's Health and Wellbeing helps early years students and practitioners working with children and young people gain an understanding of the key issues relating to children’s health in particular, examining the possible ways in which health can impact upon young children’s early childhood education and care.
Packed full of practical advice for the everyday realities of the early years classroom, topics discussed include:
- Historical perspectives and contemporary issues related to child health
- Current policy and legislation
- How to support the child and the family
- Nutrition in childhood
- Infectious diseases, infestations and the acutely ill child
- Children with chronic and complex medical conditions
- Coping with the death of a child
A timely, topical text that will be invaluable to early years professionals.
Jackie Musgrave will be discussing key ideas from Supporting Children’s Health and Wellbeing in the SAGE Early Years Masterclass, a free professional development experience hosted by Kathy Brodie.