The authors are proud sponsors of the 2020 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.
The Ninth Edition of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society continues to emphasize intuition and common sense, while demonstrating the link between the practice of statistics and important social issues. Recognizing that we live in a world characterized by a growing diversity and richness of social differences, best-selling authors Frankfort-Nachmias, Leon-Guerrero, and Davis help students learn key statistical concepts through real research examples related to the dynamic interplay of race, class, gender, and other social variables. The text also helps readers develop important skills such as problem-solving (through a rich variety of exercises), use of statistical software (both SPSS and Excel), and interpreting research literature.
Give your students the SAGE Edge!
SAGE Edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/frankfort9e.
SAGE apologizes for a printing error in Appendix B: The Standard Normal Table in the first printing of the 9th edition. Please find a PDF of the corrected table below. Please note that all ebooks will be corrected immediately, and the print book will be corrected when it reprints.
› Appendix B: The Standard Normal Table
SAGE Edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring your courses.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
SAGE Edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- Web resources facilitate student use of Internet resources and further exploration of topics.
- Study questions provide students the opportunity to practice core chapter concepts.