Research methods is a challenging topic for many students. When you are new to research you need a step-by-step guide which introduces the subject area in a clear and accessible way. This book does exactly that. Designed with the early childhood student in mind, this book is the companion to your research journey. Following a progressive structure, this book leads you through your course by introducing new topics in clear and simple terms, before delving into different methods and approaches.
This Fourth Edition includes:
- Two new chapters, separating out quantitative data analysis and qualitative data analysis
- A reader guide at the beginning of the book to aid navigation.
- Research in Focus boxes that examine real-world international published examples of research in order to understand the effects and implications.
- Activities to help cement knowledge and understanding.
- Case Studies which describe examples and scenarios of real student research, which demonstrate best practice and show how to present findings.
- An extended glossary to support readers in learning complicated terminology.
Online resources complement this new edition, offering valuable resources for instructions and students including:
- Author videos, offering tips and explanations
- Flashcard glossary to consolidate learning
- MCQs to test understanding
- Free journal articles for wider reading
- PowerPoint slides