Publishing for Impact
- Dawn Duke - University of Surrey, UK
- Pam Denicolo - Consultant on Doctoral Education and Training
- Erin Henslee - Wake Forest University, United States
Success in Research
Career Development (PG) | Research Methods & Evaluation (General)
• Attract diverse audiences to your work,
• Find value in peer review processes,
• Produce multiple content from one research work,
• Use multiple media such as blogs and webinars to increase output.
This useful resource supports you to disseminate your work and offers forward-thinking ways to take control of your publishing processes, to enhance academic knowledge, societal impact, and the value of your research.
This is a timely volume for those in academe and research institutes wishing to ensure their work achieves maximum impact. Writing in an easily accessible style Dawn Duke, Pam Denicolo and Erin Henslee offer both insights and practical advice regarding how to be effective in reaching chosen audiences be they academic, professionals, policy makers, working in industry or the public. Divided into three parts the book covers planning for success in impact, writing for a wide range of different genres and achieving and measuring impact. Offering numerous insights regarding all aspects of the process and a large number of activities, top tips and reflection boxes; this book will be of considerable utility to all those seeking to communicate to a wider audience.