Will the new digital generation break down barriers for journalism, or will things just stay the same?
These and other pertinent questions will be asked and explored throughout this exciting new book that looks at the changing dynamics of journalism in a digital era. Examining issues and debates through cultural, social, political and economic frameworks, the book gets to grip with today's new journalism by understanding its historical threats and remembering its continuing resilience and ability to change with the times. In considering new forms of journalistic practice the book covers important topics such as:
• truth in the new journalism
• the changing identity of the journalist
• the economic implications for the industry
• the impact on the relationship between the journalist and their audience
• the legal framework of doing journalism online.
Vibrant in style and accessible to all, Digital Journalism is a captivating read for anyone looking to understand the advent of a new journalism that has been altered by the latest digital technologies.