Little Quick Fix
- John MacInnes - University of Edinburgh, UK
Little Quick Fix
Quantitative/Statistical Research (General) | Study Skills (UG)
The Little Quick Fix to Understanding Probability breaks it down step by step with crystal clear examples and exercises from one of the leading quantitative teachers in the UK. All you need is an hour and you'll finally get it. Once it clicks into place, you can nail that section of your exam.
Little Quick Fix titles provide quick but authoritative answers to the problems, hurdles, and assessment points students face in the research course, project proposal, or design—whatever their methods learning is.
- Lively, ultra-modern design; full-colour, each page a tailored design.
- An hour's read. Easy to dip in and out of with clear navigation enables the reader to find what she needs—quick.
- Direct written style gets to the point with clear language. Nothing needs to be read twice. No fluff.
- Learning is reinforced through a 2-minute overview summary; 3-second summaries with super-quick Q&A
- DIY tasks create a work plan to accomplish a task, do a self-check quiz, solve a problem, get students to what they need to show their supervisor.
- Checkpoints in each section make sure students are nailing it as they go and support self-directed learning.
- How do I know I’m done? Each Little Quick Fix wraps up with a finale checklist that allows the reader to self-assess they’ve got what they need to progress, submit, or ace the test or task.
Another excellent book in this series, with the 'secret of probability is seeing it in everyday life in terms of trials and outcomes'. This takes some concepts that might be daunting to those students and researchers approaching the notion of probability for the first time making it accessible, informative and supportive. Highly recommended.
Not sufficient for my teaching purposes
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: What is probability and why does it matter?