Written by leaders of qualitative methodology and edited by one of the biggest names in the field, this book provides up-to-date and interdisciplinary insight into a range of qualitative methods. Bringing together different perspectives, contributors discuss theoretical underpinnings of these methods before taking readers through the process of each approach and helping them develop skills needed to carry out this type of research autonomously and with confidence.
Highlights of this new edition include:
- New chapters on multimethod qualitative research, using digital data and video, and addressing social issues in research.
- More guidance on how to store and manage data appropriately.
- Advice on how to publish research in journals.
Full of practical tips, exercises and summaries, this book continues to be a masterclass in qualitative research for students and researchers across the social sciences and beyond.
key updates in new edition
1. Chapter on Mixed Methods Research
2. More advice on data management
3. Chapter on digital data and video
4. Guidence on publishing in journals