Qualitative Research Practice
A Guide for Social Science Students and Researchers
- Jane Ritchie - National Centre for Social Research, London
- Jane Lewis - Colebrooke Centre for Evidence and Implementation
- Carol McNaughton Nicholls - National Centre for Social Research, London
- Rachel Ormston - Scottish Centre for Social Research
Qualitative Research (General) | Social Research Methods | Sociological Research Methods
Written by a team of leading researchers associated with NatCen Social Research (the National Centre for Social Research) this textbook leads students and researchers through the entire process of qualitative research from beginning to end - moving through design, sampling, data collection, analysis and reporting. In this fully revised second edition you will find:
- A practical account of how to carry out qualitative research which recognises a range of current approaches and applications
- A brand new chapter on ethics
- A brand new chapter on observational research
- Updated advice on using software when analysing your qualitative data
- New case studies which illustrate issues you may encounter and how problems have been tackled by other researchers.
The book gives a good comprehensive introduction to qualitative research and belongs to the basic literature for understanding Framework Analysis.
Another well-written book on qualitative research.
I have no comments for the inspection copy. Excellent piece of work!
A very solid and insightful introductory book for anyone engaging in qualitative research. It covers topics such as ethics and values to issues of writing and analysis. I would defiantly recommend this book to students who are dipping their toes into research and need a one stop book
This is an excellent book with clear insights about methodology. Clear for students to read.
This book is well written. Since i got my hands on this book, i have used it less compared to my peers and students as it so helpful seemingly not to me alone. As a result, i have consulted our library to have this book bought.
It is concise, very informative, easy to follow, even for those who have little experience of research, and a very good read for those who already have some knowledge and understanding
An excellent and comprehensive introduction to qualitative research. Well written and logically organised.
This book is written in a clear and comprehensive manner, with a practical yet professional 'real-world' focus that will be of benefit to students at any stage of their undergraduate degree. Indeed, postgrads and staff alike will surely benefit from it as a referential resource (I certainly have already).
Put simply, this book is fantastic: a comprehensive, and accessible text that provides a working introduction to conducting qualitative research.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter One: The Foundations of Qualitative Research