This is a sophisticated and nuanced introduction to critical discourse analysis (CDA) that covers a range of topics in an accessible, engaging style. With international examples and an interdisciplinary approach, readers gain a rich understanding of the many angles into critical discourse analysis, the fundamentals of how analysis works and examples from written texts, online data and images.
This new edition:
- expands coverage of multimodality
- adds two new chapters on social media and analysis of online data
- supports learning with a guided introduction to each chapter
- includes a new and extended glossary
Clearly written, practical and rigorous in its approach, this book is the ideal companion when embarking on research that focuses on discourse and meaning-making.
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
- Expanded coverage of multimodality
- Chapters on social media and analysis of online data
- A guided introduction to each chapter
- A new and extended glossary
- Updated pedagogy: student-focussed examples, further reading lists, and tasks/activities