This book shows you not just how to use triangulation as a strategy of quality management, but also how to use it as an approach to designing and doing qualitative research in a more comprehensive way. Flick links triangulation with current debates about using mixed methods, and outlines their potential for extending qualitative research, addressing questions such as how such research can benefit from integrating quantitative (mixed methods), or from working more generally with more than one approach (triangulation).
1. Why triangulation and mixed methods in qualitative research?
2. What is triangulation?
3. Methodological triangulation in qualitative research
4. Triangulation in ethnography
5. What is mixed methods research?
6. Designs, methods and Data in mixed methods Research
7. Triangulation as a framework for using mixed methods
8. How to use triangulation and mixed methods in qualitative research: practical issues
9. Sensitive use of multiple methods - Quality, Ethics and Writing