Clear, concise and accessible, this ‘how to’ manual folds key skills like research design and using technology and software into each chapter. This second edition offers:
- A thorough introduction to foundational concepts that support you through each step of the research process
- New chapters on thematic and narrative analysis
- A set of digital resources designed to make learning about qualitative methods as easy and interactive as possible, including video recordings and transcripts to build key analysis techniques
Through a pragmatic, practical lens, this book provides the perspective and the tools you need to recognize, collect, interpret, and communicate quality qualitative psychological data.
Michael A. Forrester is a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Kent, Canterbury.
Cath Sullivan is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Psychology at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Datasets give students the opportunity to put theory into practice and supports their learning with audio and transcripts of five real interviews.
- Interview guide offers information on how to understand and interpret the datasets.
- Videos strengthen student's understanding with tips and tutorials on key concepts.
- Weblinks direct students to helpful resources to broaden their understanding of the topics and enhance the learning experience.