This very practical guide will teach students everything they need to know to successfully apply theory, methods and approaches in real-life practice. It will assist in developing and hone their skills to make the best start in their practice placement and beyond as a newly qualified practitioner.
To get the most out of this book, visit the companion website at https://www.study.sagepub.com/rogers2e to find journal articles, templates, ‘how to’ guides and brand new videos with discussion questions, and a glossary.
New to this edition:
- Chapter 9: Resilience and Self-Care
- Chapter 10: Time Management
- Chapter 25: Narrative Social Work
- Chapter 30: Grief and Loss
-Chapter 33: Social Work Activism
- Glossary terms highlighted in bold (glossary can be found online)
On the website:
- New SAGE Video selections for most chapters, with accompanying discussion questions
- New additional 'How to...' guides
- Updated journal articles
- New glossary