'This is a refreshing and inspiring book, of equal value to both the anxious and the ambitious student'
- Lucinda Becker, Department of English Literature, University of Reading
In the second edition of this best-selling guide, Nicholas Walliman provides expert, step-by-step advice on managing and developing a successful undergraduate project.
This book takes you through each stage of your dissertation, answering questions including:
- How do I choose an appropriate topic for my dissertation?
- How do I write a research proposal?
- What's a literature review, how do I conduct it and how do I write it up?
- How can I ensure I'm an ethical researcher?
- What methods of data collection are appropriate for my research question?
- Once I have collected my data, what do I do?
- What's the best structure for my dissertation?
Full of examples from real student projects, interdisciplinary case studies and illustrated with cartoons to make you smile along the way, this book will tell you all you need to know to write a brilliant dissertation.
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, quizzes and videos on study success!
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!