1. The Soul Guide Coach: coaching the 'inner-self', focusing on values, authenticity and identity.
2. The Psy Coach: coaching the 'outer-self', using psychological techniques to focus on personal performance and how we relate to others.
3. The Managerial Coach: coaching the 'role-self', focusing on work, task, output and productivity.
4. The Network Coach: coaching the 'networked-self', focusing on the wider networks in which we live and work.
This vital new book brings a fresh and critical perspective on coaching and mentoring, challenging its taken-for-granted assumptions and narratives. It is written by a practitioner-scholar, and develops an exciting vision for coaching today.
- Accounts for the diverse influences on contemporary coaching practice
- Reveals how coaching is the new 'post-modern confessional'
- Develops a meta-theory of coaching that acts as a baseline for future developments
- Offers frames of thinking to guide coaching and mentoring practitioners and educators.