The Third Edition of this hugely popular text provides students with straightforward principles and frameworks for understanding methodology. Peter Clough and Cathy Nutbrown are adept at making methodology meaningful for beginners and more advanced readers alike. Their book clearly demonstrates how methodology impacts upon every stage of the research process, and gives readers all of the tools that they need to understand it.
New to this edition are the following:
- new boxes and guidance on research ethics in every chapter
- more international examples and perspectives
- up to date coverage of online research methods
- more examples from real students
- a new companion website, featuring Powerpoint slides for lecturers
The authors take an applied approach and every chapter contains a variety of practical examples from real research. Readers are encouraged to reflect on their own practice at every step, meaning that the book remains extremely relevant throughout. It will be invaluable for all students who are doing a dissertation or taking a research methods module in education, the social sciences, business and health.