Create a culture and climate that produces real heroes
The future of our schools depends on leaders who can foster every day heroism in others. This doesn’t require supernatural powers. It requires a willingness to be intentional in building heroes in our communities who are ready to get things done and take on the demands of the future.
You Don’t Need Superpowers to Be a Kid’s Hero will help you create the climate that produces these heroes. Hero-building work will help you look deeply into your school culture and see yourself and your students and staff in a fresh, powerful way. Readers will find:
· Training ideas for leadership teams
· Instruments for gauging progress
· Practical steps for building courage into practices
· Practical strategies to help navigate the complexities of creating an extraordinary school
· Hero-building stories from the field
Written with an inspiring tone, this book will empower school leaders to lead in a way that unleashes staff and students to be superheroes in their communities.