A practical guide for registered nurses in all fields, who are planning to undertake one of the new supervisor or assessor roles outlined in the latest NMC standards.
The book helps nurses prepare for the role of practice supervisor, practice assessor or academic assessor, by outlining what is expected in each of the roles, in accordance with the 2018 NMC standards, and explaining which competencies are needed to ensure success in the new supervisory and academic positions. These competencies include:
· Understanding how students learn
· Understanding how to empower nurses and why this is important
· Learning to utilise student feedback to enhance your own development
· Identifying the importance of including the participation of service users in nursing governance and quality
· Ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory, professional and educational requirements.
It will also be useful for experienced NMC mentors and practitioners looking to update their skills for the new NMC Educational Framework.