The SAGE Guide to Educational Leadership and Management
- Fenwick W. English - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Leadership & Management
The SAGE Guide to Educational Leadership and Management allows readers to gain knowledge of educational management in practice while providing insights into challenges facing educational leaders and the strategies, skills, and techniques needed to enhance administrative performance.
This Guide emphasizes the important skills that effective leaders must develop and refine, including communication, developing teams, coaching and motivating, and managing time and priorities.
While being brief, simply written, and a highly practical overview for individuals who are new to this field, this reference Guide will combine practice and research, indicate current issues and directions, and choices that need to be made.
Key features include:
- 30 brief, signed chapters are organized in 10 thematic parts in one volume available in a choice of electronic or print formats designed to enable quick access to basic information.
- Selective boxes enrich and support the narrative chapters with case examples of effective leadership in action.
- Chapters conclude with bibliographic endnotes and references to further readings to guide students to more in-depth presentations in other published sources.
- Back matter includes an annotated listing of organizations, associations, and journals focused on educational leadership and administration and a detailed index.
This reference Guide will serve as a vital source of knowledge to any students pursuing an education degree as well as for individuals interested in the subject matter that do not have a strong foundation of the topic.
"The SAGE Guide to Educational Leadership and Management is a source that will find most use with students pursuing a master's level degree in education, school site administrators and leaders, and those wanting basic subject matter on educational leadership -Recommended."