The Process of Research in Psychology employs the pedagogical approach of spaced repetition to present a student-friendly introduction to conducting research in psychology. Drawing on more than 17 years of teaching experience, best-selling author Dawn M. McBride covers topics with step-by-step explanations to help students understand the full process of designing, conducting, and presenting a research study. Early chapters introduce important concepts for developing research ideas, subject sampling, ethics, and data collection; more detailed coverage of these topics is included in “More About” chapters to provide instructors with flexibility in their teaching. Concepts and skills relevant to more than one stage of the research process are covered in multiple contexts, providing repeated exposure to the topics students often struggle with but that are the most important in gaining research skills.
INSTRUCTORS: Bundle The Process of Research in Psychology, Fourth Edition with the Lab Manual for Psychological Research, Fourth Edition for only $5 more! Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-6348-6
SAGE edge for instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students. The following assets are included on the password-protected site.
- PowerPoint presentations that follow the chapter structures with figures from the text.
- A Test Bank available in Word format which allows for easy customization.
- An Instructor’s Manual with chapter-specific discussion questions, class assignments, and more.
- Sample syllabi for setting up a semester or quarter class syllabus.
- A Lab Exercise Matrix, which serves as a guide for using this text in conjunction with the Lab Manual for Psychological Research, Fourth Edition, along with an Answer Key to the manual.
SAGE edge for students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment. The open-access site includes the following.
- eFlashcards for “anywhere, anytime” studying.
- Answers to all of the Test Yourself sections that appear at the end of each chapter.
- SPSS data files for the data examples with some additional SPSS data examples for each statistical test covered in chapters.
- Multimedia resources for further exploration of topics.