The perfect book for any student taking a research methods course for the first time!
The new edition of David and Sutton's text provides those new to social research with a comprehensive introduction to the theory, logic and practical methods of qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research. Covering all aspects of research design, data collection, data analysis and writing up, Social Research: An Introduction is the essential companion for all undergraduate and postgraduate students embarking on a methods course or social research project.
The second edition features:
- Brand new chapters on visual methods, case study methods, internet research, mixed methods and grounded theory
- Updated chapters on interviews, questionnaire design, surveys, and focus groups
- Improved coverage of qualitative and quantitative methods of data analysis, including practical instruction on the latest versions of software packages NiVivo 8 and SPSS 18
- An attractive new layout which aids navigability and enhances the book's student learning features
- A companion website (www.uk.sagepub.com/david) with PowerPoint slides and links to useful websites
- Many more practical examples helping bring theory to life!
Designed for social science students with no previous experience, this book provides a balanced foundation in the principles and practices of social research.