Relevant, engaging, and packed with student-focused learning features, this book provides the basic step-by-step introduction to quantitative research and data every student needs.
Gradually introducing applied statistics and the language and functionality of R and R Studio software, it uses examples from across the social sciences to show students how to apply abstract statistical and methodological principles to their own work. Maintaining a student-friendly pace, it goes beyond a normal introductory statistics book and shows students where data originates and how to:
- Understand and use quantitative data to answer questions
- Approach surrounding ethical issues
- Collect quantitative data
- Manage, write about, and share the data effectively
Supported by incredible digital resources with online tutorials, videos, datasets, and multiple choice questions, this book gives students not only the tools they need to understand statistics, quantitative data, and R software, but also the chance to practice and apply what they have learned.
Instructor Resources (Log-In Needed):
· Lecturer’s guide provides you with suggested exercises and solutions to use in class or for assignments and directs you towards further resources such as datasets, code, weblinks and video screencasts.
· PowerPoint slides with additional chapter guidance that can be downloaded and customised for use in your own lectures and presentations