Primary Mathematics: Knowledge and Understanding
- Claire Mooney - Trent University, CA
- Alice Hansen - Education Consultant
- Lindsey Ferrie
- Sue Fox
- Reg Wrathmell - University of Winchester, UK
Achieving QTS Series
Mathematics & Numeracy | Primary Maths | Primary Teacher Training
All the subject knowledge students need to teach primary Mathematics.
Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. To help your students master this, this comprehensive text includes subject knowledge from each part of the primary Mathematics curriculum and comes with a wide range of resources so students can test their growing knowledge as they progress through the course.
- an online Mathematics subject knowledge audit with the ability to share results
- new end of chapter self-assessment questions
- Interactive tasks
- a Maths subject knowledge checklist
- useful weblinks for primary Maths teaching
- Recommended further reading
A clearly explained and laid out book covering the subject knowledge essential to teaching maths. A clear aid to planning and delivering maths in all areas.
A very clearly written book which explains things simply. Goes along with the " Theory and practice" book.