SAGE and CQ Press launch the ultimate political database and data manipulation tool, U.S. Political Stats
Los Angeles, CA - SAGE and CQ Press today announce the full launch of U.S. Political Stats, an easy-to-use visualization and manipulation tool with data on Congress, the Supreme Court, the presidency, and elections.
U.S. Political Stats includes facts and figures on economic and population indicators from 1982 to the present that are constantly updated as new data becomes available. Hosted on an interactive platform, users can compare different types of data such as legislative voting records and demographic characteristics, to create maps, graphs, and charts that provide unique insights into all three branches of the U.S. government.
The diverse data holdings for U.S. Political Stats include:
- Biographical data on members of Congress, presidents, and Supreme Court justices
- Campaign finance records for federal candidates
- Economic indicators
- General, special, and primary election results
- Supreme Court case data
- Roll call tallies for all congressional floor votes
- Interest group scores for members of Congress
- Voting scores for members of Congress, analyzing legislative voting patterns
- Presidential performance indicators
- Public approval scores of government institutions
Data holdings can be downloaded for use in reports and presentations and exported for more in-depth manipulation and analysis. The wealth of data and intuitive platform will support upper-level political science researchers and high school and public library patrons alike.
“SAGE and CQ Press are thrilled to introduce a resource that furthers our goal of providing important data in a way that best speaks to a diverse range of researchers and learners,” said Michele Sordi, Vice President, SAGE Editorial. “U.S. Political Stats is a robust data resource that covers the full spectrum of the U.S. political process.”
For a free trial of U.S. Political Stats, visit www.sagepub.com/freetrial
CQ Press, an imprint of SAGE, is a leading publisher of books, reference content, periodicals, and digital products on American government, public policy, and international affairs. Known for its objectivity and breadth and depth of coverage, CQ Press consistently ranks among the top academic and professional publishers for its high-quality content and scholarship. CQ Press was founded with the mission of promoting democracy through education and joined the SAGE family in 2008. www.cqpress.com
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Camille Gamboa, Director of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: (+1) 805-410-7441