“The presentation of the materials is excellent! The examples of the companies throughout the chapters are a fantastic way to get the messages across to the students. This is the best operations book I have ever read.”
—Jerry Bilbrey, Clemson University
Finally, an operations management book to get excited about.
Operations Management: A Supply Chain Process Approach exposes students to the exciting and ever-changing world of operations management through dynamic writing, application, and cutting-edge examples that will keep students interested and instructors inspired! Author Dr. Joel Wisner understands that today’s students will be entering a highly competitive global marketplace where two things are crucial: a solid knowledge of operations management and an understanding of the importance for organizations to integrate their operations and supply chain processes. With this in mind, Wisner not only provides a clear and comprehensive introduction to operations management, but also gives attention to the important processes involved in linking firms’ operations in a supply chain environment.
Also available with...
Interactive eBook also available—FREE when bundled with the print version!
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the interactive eBook version.
Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-5557-3. Learn more.
Take a Tour of the Interactive eBook
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
Instructors! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the free interactive eBook version and SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring video cases at various businesses and animated videos that walk students through solving practice problems.
Littlefield Labs Simulation for Joel D. Wisner's Operations Management—only $15 more!
Make it easy for students to see operations management in practice by engaging them in a fun and competitive online simulation. When bundled with the print text of Operations Management: A Supply Chain Process Approach by Joel D. Wisner, students gain access to this effective learning tool for only $15 more. Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-8117-6. Learn more.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy and AACSB standards that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the free interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Video cases at several companies including Rolls Royce and The Rockefeller Gastropub to provide students with engaging, real-world footage of day-to-day operations management
- Animated videos that walk students through solving practice problems
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Additional video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook
- Teaching notes for the cases that include sample answers to case questions, as well as summaries and analyses
- Additional homework problems for each chapter that help students practice applying key concepts
- A solutions manual for problems in the book and sample answers to questions in the text that provide an essential reference
- Excel templates for formulas to assist with practice problems
- Meaningful articles from the web that facilitate further exploration of topics by showing how the concepts work in the real world
SAGE edge for STUDENTS enhance learning in an easy to use environment that offers:
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning in an easy-to-use environment that offers:
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- A customized online action plan to enhance your learning experience
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- SAGE Premium Video, tied to learning objectives and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
o Walkthroughs of examples in the book
o Want access to more SAGE Premium Video? Ask your instructor about the interactive eBook version of this text, where you can access even more video resources and digital tools.
- Additional video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier
- Downloadable chapter outlines to facilitate note-taking
- Excel templates following examples in the book to assist with homework problems
- Downloadable chapter outlines to facilitate note-taking as you study
- Meaningful articles from the web that facilitate further exploration of topics by showing how the concepts work in the real world.