In the age of digital communication, online learning and MOOCS, Higher Education Institutions need to be able to offer even more to their students.
Centred around Phil Race's well-known 'ripples on a pond' model, this accessible discussion of post-compulsory education identifies the fundamental factors underpinning successful learning and clearly shows you how to help students learn effectively.
Updates to this third edition include:
- practical ‘tips for students’ to help you engage your group
- discussion of four literacies students need
- comparative discussion of different forms of assessment
- increased coverage of peer observation and evidence-based practice
- advice on making lectures unmissable
- online resources including printable checklists for use in class
- link to a video interview with the author
This book is a valuable tool for lecturers and tutors in universities and colleges, post-16 teachers in secondary education, and educational managers. It also provides a useful resource for postgraduate students on higher and further education courses and staff development courses.
Phil Race gives keynotes on assessment, feedback, learning and teaching, and runs interactive training workshops for staff and students in universities, colleges and other organizations throughout the UK and abroad.