Refreshingly free of jargon and written with you in mind, it’s packed full of interdisciplinary advice that helps you to decode and critique academic writing. The author’s fuss free approach will improve your performance, boost your confidence and help you to:
- Read and better understand content
- Take relevant effective notes
- Manage large amounts of information in an easily identifiable and retrievable format
- Write persuasively using formal academic language and style.
New to this edition:
- Additional examples across a range of subjects, including education, health and sociology as well as criminology
- Refined terminology for students in the UK, as well as around the world
- More examples dealing specifically with journal articles.
Clear, focused and practical this handy guide is a great resource for helping you sharpen your use of journal articles and improve your academic writing skills.
‘I have used the book over the last five years with my students with great success. The book has helped students to develop their critical thinking, reading and writing skills and when it comes to writing a dissertation they have used the code sheet in their own writing.’ - Pete Allison, Head of the Graduate School of Education, University of Edinburgh
The Student Success series are essential guides for students of all levels. From how to think critically and write great essays to planning your dream career, the Student Success series helps you study smarter and get the best from your time at university.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!