`The reader will be left feeling challenged to rethink the learning experience of the child with ASD in their class, more clearly attuned to the child's voice and with an armful of ideas to try out in the classroom' - TES Website
Are you looking for caring and creative ways to support pupils on the Autistic Spectrum?
By encouraging everyone to view the triad of impairment as a triad of opportunity, this book gives the reader guidance on how to become an autism-friendly professional. With chapters on structuring a meaningful classroom, understanding and improving behaviour, and looking at transition through the eyes of pupils on the spectrum, the book provides valuable insights gained from the author's many years of practice
The book includes:
- visual resources for supporting learning and behaviour
- photocopiable activities for staff training excercises
- practical ideas to try out in your setting
- case studies to illustrate best practice
- answers to frequently asked questions.
This is an essential read for all teachers in mainstream and special schools, and everyone who supports pupils on the autistic spectrum.