Essential Skills for Early Career Researchers
- Joseph Roche - Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Career Development (Academic) | Study Skills (PG)
The perfect companion to support your development of the academic and professional skills you need as an early career researcher to help you thrive in academia.
This practical book offers guidance on the essential skills you need to succeed as an academic researcher.
· Work out how to thrive in academia while protecting your own wellbeing
· Learn how to develop discipline and structure in your academic writing
· Navigate the nuances of research funding applications
· Understand how to build professional development into your daily work
· Take a smart perspective on career progression
Designed to work across academic disciplines, each chapter includes lessons learned from published literature as well as perspectives from recent early career researchers to provide you with detailed insight applicable to diverse academic contexts.
This book is accompanied by 30+ online resources and sample templates, including downloadable and editable research proposals, publication plans, lecture slides, resumes and cover letters.
Joseph Roche is a researcher and lecturer at Trinity College Dublin.
Joseph Roche offers valuable guidance to support students reach academic success and develop the essential skills that are the foundation to a career in research. Roche makes good use of his extensive knowledge of the strengths and challenges when undertaking the role of a researcher to guide students to reach their full potential. As the book shows, he is interested in students' academic potential while reminding readers of the crucial need to prioritise health and well-being in the challenging world of academia.