A universe of data at your fingertips
Data Planet simplifies data analysis by providing an all-in-one resource for social science researchers and students to access statistics relevant to their areas of study.
- Enables fast access to more than 65 billion U.S. and international data points from over 90 sources
- Saves researchers and students valuable time to locate authoritative, citable statistics with easy browse and search navigation
- Provides powerful data analysis tools to manipulate datasets, compare multiple indicators and sources, and derive new statistics
- Offers customizable visualizations of data, including tables, trend charts, geographic maps, and more
- Equips researchers with durable web links and DOIs to revisit any dataset
- Supports statistical literacy with detailed source descriptions and a library of reference material addressing the basics of all things data
Want to see Data Planet in action?
Request a free trial!
About our statistical data content
The broad subject coverage found in Data Planet supports every kind of statistical data need required by students and researchers. This coverage is powered by the 65+ billion data points available through Data Planet's single interface and supplies detailed data across sources and subjects to inform research, apply in coursework, and complement teaching.
Billions of datasets at the ready
- 65+ billion data points
- 550+ source databases
- 90+ data providers
- Datasets are findable via 37 fields of metadata plus searchable indicator titles and multiple filter criteria
16 major subject categories
- Agriculture and Food
- Banking, Finance, and Insurance
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
- Energy Resources and Industries
- Government and Politics
- Health and Vital Statistics
- Housing and Construction
- Industry, Business, and Commerce
- International Relations and Trade
- Labor and Employment
- Military and Defense
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Population and Income
- Prices, Consumption, and Cost of Living
- Transportation and Traffic
Facilitate business, consumer, and industry research with our Premium modules
Data Planet also offers eight premium modules, which are available as supplements to the core collection. This collection of premium databases enable business, consumer market, and economic researchers to access licensed datasets via a single platform with no direct cost to themselves:
- China Yearly Statistics national and subnational datasets provide yearly historical indicators of social and economic characteristics of the People’s Republic of China and its provinces, cities, counties, and districts.
- Claritas Consumer Profiles comprises three distinct consumer segmentation products (PRIZM® Premier, ConneXions®, and P$YCLE®) that classify U.S. households according to shared demographic, lifestyle, and behavioral traits.
- Claritas Financial and Insurance CLOUT™ consists of current-year estimates and five-year projections of usage and demand among U.S. households for more than 100 financial products and more than 300 insurance and annuity products and services.
- EASI Market Planner offers model-based indicators of U.S. consumers' demographic characteristics and spending and behavior patterns for a wide range of demographic areas.
- Data Axle Reference Solutions: Historical U.S. Business (formerly InfoGroup Business USA) contains data on businesses in the United States for national and subnational geographic units, as well as for U.S. territories. Statistics include company counts, employee counts, sales by industry, company, and company location.
- NEW! Data Axle Reference Solutions: Historical Canadian Business presents data on small- and medium-sized businesses for various geographic units including the nation, provinces/territories, and forward sortation areas. Researchers can compare and download datasets on Canadian industry and business sales revenue, establishment counts, and employee counts.
- NEW! Data Axle Reference Solutions: Historical U.S. Residential details household-level data on residences in the United States, at the national, state, county, census tract, and ZIP code levels. Datasets on home value, household income, purchasing power, and wealth may be segmented further by household and dwelling characteristics.
- Woods & Poole offers economic data and highly detailed population data forecast to 2050 for all U.S. states, regions, metropolitan statistical areas, and counties, making it ideal for investigating present and future demographics and business climates.