It uses clear definitions, relevant interdisciplinary examples from around the world and up-to-date suggestions for further reading to demonstrate how to usefully gather and use qualitative, quantitative, and mixed data sets.
The book is divided into seven critical parts:
• Data Collection: An Introduction to Research Practices
• Collecting Qualitative Data
• Observation and Informed Methods
• Experimental and Systematic Data Collection
• Survey Methods for Data Collection
• The Case Study Method of Data Collection
• Concluding Suggestions for Data Collection Groups
A stimulating, practical guide which can be read as individual concepts or as a whole this will be an important resource for students and research professionals.
Wendy Olsen is Senior Lecturer at Manchester University, Institute for Development Policy & Management and Cathie Marsh Centre for Census & Survey Research