Understanding the influence of culture on interpersonal interactions in organizational settings is now a fundamental requirement of effective international management. Cross-Cultural Management: Essential Concepts, Fourth Edition introduces readers to the fundamentals of cross-cultural management by exploring the influence of culture on interpersonal interactions in organizational settings and examining the ever-increasing number of cross-cultural management challenges that global managers face in today's workplace.
The new 4th edition
· Has been extensively revised and updated to reflect the most current thinking on the topic
· Has an increased emphasis on understanding the mechanisms of cross-cultural interactions helping readers make connections between the factors affecting performance of all work groups and the culture influencing these groups.
· Enhanced coverage of language issues offering readers strategies for improving communication in multinational companies (Ch. 6)
· Best practices for transferring knowledge across cultures (Ch. 9) has been added to give readers clear instructions for developing stronger communication skills when relaying information to their global counterparts.
· Expanded coverage of cross-generational considerations (Ch. 11) prepares readers to manage employees of all ages.
· New discussions about the relationship between immigration and international management (Ch. 11) gives readers a glimpse into the changing environment of business and the effects immigration has on the future of management.
· New and updated examples, statistics, discussion questions, and references offer readers the latest research on cross-cultural management.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and open-ended questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.