Designed to help students learn how to assess clients, conduct treatment planning, and evaluate client outcomes, this practical book addresses specific CACREP competencies. Incorporating case studies and examples, authors Joshua C. Watson and Brandé Flamez provide foundational knowledge for sound formal and informal assessments, cover ethical and legal considerations in assessment, describe basic statistical concepts, highlight the domains in which assessments are commonly used (intelligence, aptitude, achievement, personality, career, etc.), and provide strategies for integrating assessment data when working with clients.
Counseling Assessment and Evaluation is part of the SAGE Counseling and Professional Identity Series, which targets specific competencies identified by CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs). To learn more about each text in the series, please visit www.sagepub.com/vip/cpiseries.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.