All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
Formative assessment is frequently thought of as something “extra” when really it should be integral to what teachers and students are actually doing within a mathematics lesson. Skip Fennell, Beth Kobett, and Jon Wray show that when used regularly, the Formative 5 assessment techniques represent viable, classroom-validated, in-the-moment practices for monitoring your students’ mathematics learning and identifying your instructional next steps.
This On-Your-Feet Guide provides:
- A brief look at each of five every-day formative assessment techniques: Interviews, Observations, Show Me, Hinge Questions, and Exit Tasks
- Critical questions and tools for implementing each technique.
- Special considerations and ways to assess your effectiveness in order to plan your next mathematics lesson.
- Brief videos with comments from authors and teachers along with classroom footage showing the Formative Five in action.
- Using the Formative 5 daily in your planning and teaching will truly influence student learning.