From Difficult Teachers . . . to Dynamic Teams
- Barbara L. Brock - Creighton University, USA
- Marilyn L. Grady - University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA
Conflict Resolution for Professionals | Staff Supervision/Evaluation/Retention | Team Building
Unconstructive staff behaviours can disrupt a thriving school environment. School leaders need positive, generative communication strategies that can defuse negativity and inspire teachers to change their behaviour and become contributing members of the learning community.
From Difficult Teachers…to Dynamic Teamwork examines the underlying basis of problematic behaviours and provides proactive, proven strategies for building teamwork and a positive school culture. Leaders will discover strategies for enhancing their interpersonal skills, determining if their own behaviour is contributing to the problem, and encouraging behaviour change in teachers and staff. Based on interviews with more than 50 experienced principals, this valuable resource connects content to practice via:
- Key tools, practical resources, organizational charts, and behaviour assessment forms
- Sage advice and quotations from experienced educators
- Sample dialogues to help identify behaviour challenges
- "Take Action" sections for specific implementation strategies
Maximize the effectiveness of your staff by building a culture of shared leadership, collegiality, and teamwork.