Drawing on over 20 years experience working with teachers and parents, the author's approach is down to earth, encouraging and challenging. The second edition has a new easy to follow layout, with chapters containing practical points, new case study materials and updated references. Other brand new features include:
- a 10 steps programme setting out clear strategies to use
- material on the use of stories
- discussion of problems with time-out
- cutting-edge coverage of ADHD, chaos, autism, language problems and attachment
- ideas for managing parent meetings in school.
Written for staff in nurseries and schools (mainstream and special), and for lecturers and researchers in departments of education, this book is ideal for anyone wanting to understand more about attention seeking and reduce this unwanted behaviour in the young people they work with.