—Cynthia A. Edwards, Meredith College
A History of Modern Psychology: The Quest for a Science of the Mind presents a history of psychology up to the turn of the 21st century. Author David C. Ludden, Jr. uses a topical approach to discuss key thinkers and breakthroughs within the context of various schools of thought, allowing students to see how philosophers, researchers, and academics influenced one another to create the rich and diverse landscape of modern psychology. Through detailed timelines, Looking Back and Looking Ahead sections, the book provides connections between movements and gives students a deeper appreciation for the transference of knowledge that has shaped the field.
The instructor resource site supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- multimedia resources that direct students to video and websites that help explain the history of psychology and how developments fit in context with world events.
- sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions