Each of these 10 essential books may be purchased individually, and the entire collection can also be accompanied by a Training Manual that allows instructors and staff developers to offer comprehensive teacher training that meets the requirements of the No Child Left Behind legislation. Individual works cover "What Every Teacher Should Know About . . ."
(1) Diverse Learners-research-based approaches to working with diverse learners
(2) Student Motivation-steps teachers can take to motivate and challenge students
(3) Learning, Memory, and the Brain-a holistic approach to student learning
(4) Instructional Planning-long and short-term goals for lesson planning
(5) Effective Teaching Strategies-a bag of teaching tools for the written, taught, and assessed curriculum
(6) Classroom Management and Discipline-effective tools to minimize or prevent the most common discipline problems
(7) Student Assessment-and the implications of standards-based instruction in the classroom
(8) Special Learners-effective tools to help students with special needs achieve school success
(9) Media and Technology-media that work for each of the student modalities
(10)The Profession and Politics of Teaching-effective partnerships with parents, teaching peers, mentor teachers, administrators, and teacher organizations.