What Does Your School Data Team Sound Like?
A Framework to Improve the Conversation Around Data
- Dean T. Spaulding - College of Saint Rose, Albany, NY
- Gail M. Smith - Instructional Leadership/Instructional Coaches project
Data Analysis | Decision Making Tools | Standards & Accountability
Get your data team working effectively!
Data is a valuable resource for improving education. Unfortunately, many school teams struggle to make sense of new and often overwhelming data. What Does Your Data Team Sound Like? provides an approach that supports teams as they review a range of data sets, and improves their conversation about effectively applying data to instructional decision-making. Written to help teams navigate the world of data analysis for on-going school improvement, this book offers an easy to follow framework that dives deep into data-driven instruction. Readers will find:
- Easy, step-by-step analysis techniques
- Case studies that demonstrate different approaches
- Checklists and flowcharts to help visual the process
Developed by expert authors who have worked with data teams across a wide variety of settings and scenarios, this book will help educators take action to create better learning environments for students.