“This textbook takes a practical and applicable approach to teaching interpersonal communication. It uses real-life examples to link theory to practice.”
—Angela Gibson, Shelton State Community College
Practical skills for developing successful relationships—both face-to-face and online
Written in a conversational style and presented in an innovative handbook format, The Interpersonal Communication Playbook empowers students to take an active role in the development of their communication skills. Best-selling authors Teri Kwal Gamble and Michael Gamble provide students with abundant opportunities to make personal observations, analyze personal experiences, and assess personal growth across interpersonal contexts. Offering an array of communication settings for students to practice their skills, this text makes it easy for students to see how relevant theory can be applied to develop and maintain healthy relationships with family, friends, romantic partners, and coworkers.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Premium Video
Included in the interactive eBook! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis.
Includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more! Save when you bundle the interactive eBook with the new edition. Order using bundle ISBN: 9781544366777.
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal articles that tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning; and
- video and multimedia resources that facilitate student use of Internet resources and further exploration of topics.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
o diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- TV and movie clips from pop culture that illustrate different concepts from interpersonal communication and animations of key concepts that give context to the scenes
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- exclusive SAGE journal articles that tie influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video ; and
- select tables and figures from the textbook