Written in response to the pressures on universities to produce highly skilled and work-ready graduates and intended to map across a three year business course, this book contains the study and employability skills students need to succeed as a business student and graduate, from essential study, presentation and leadership skills to practical advice on getting that all-important job after university. Hands-on learning aids offer exercises for group work and self-study.
Readers can expect the book to:
- Help them adapt to a new culture and environment by setting out what is expected and what they can expect at university
- Help them bridge the gap between school and university by developing essential study skills such as critical thinking and time management
- Help them develop transferable skills that are sought after by employers including presentation skills, leadership skills and commercial awareness
- Give them practical advice on getting that all-important job after university with chapters on CV writing, job hunting, interviewing and networking, among others
The book is full of examples drawing on the author’s own personal experience with the final chapter offering words of advice from current graduates and employees working in lots of different sectors all over the world – including US, Europe, China and the UK.
The book is complimented by a companion website featuring a range of tools and resources for lecturers and students, including an instructor manual and PowerPoint slides, answers and guidance on skills assessment tasks, templates and examples to download as well as additional chapter content on topics such as plagarism and essay writing.
Suitable for all students taking a business degree.
- Instructor’s Manual
- PowerPoint Slides
- Interactive Self-Testing Activities
- Group and Individual Tasks
- Video Links
- Further Reading Links
- Downloadable Templates
- Group and individual tasks