Engage, motivate, and inspire students with today's best practices
This kit is based on the classic methods resource Ten Best Teaching Practices, packed with current techniques for inspiring and motivating students. In her engaging style, Donna Walker Tileston shares real-life examples from her amazing work with diverse classes across the country, her methods for raising test scores, and her strategies to reach every learner. She incorporates the latest research on brain-compatible pedagogy, learning styles, and today's most critical topics, including:
- Using formative assessment for reliable results
- Integrating technology to connect students' school and home lives
- Differentiating instruction to inspire every student
- Connecting with children of various backgrounds, including those who live in poverty
- Creating a collaborative learning environment
This multimedia kit includes:
- The third edition of Ten Best Teaching Practices, which describes the most up-to-date modes of teaching
- An 68-minute content-rich DVD, with an easy stop-and-search navigation menu and in-classroom examples of best practices
- A chapter-by-chapter facilitator's guide for conducting workshops, providing expanded instruction, discussion points, chapter review, activities, handouts, and overheads.
- A CD-ROM with an electronic version of the facilitator's guide.
Tileston's comprehensive kit is the next best thing to an extended visit from the author herself.