Sustaining Change in Organizations
- Julie Hodges - Durham University, UK
- Roger Gill - Durham University, UK
Featuring critical insights into theoretical concepts and current international examples, the book provides an accessible way for students to enhance their understanding and develop the crucial skills need to be successful when managing and leading change in organisations.
- Synthesizes what is known about change in organizations and then provides practical ways of sustaining it
- Contains an international range of case studies and interviews which link theory to practice throughout
- Explores key contemporary topics such as power, politics, ethics and sustainability for an enhanced understanding of current debates and issues
- Activities, discussion questions and further reading in each chapter test your understanding of the key concepts and reinforce your learning
- End of book Glossary defines key terms, for those new to studying change.
- Comes with access to additional resources for students and lecturers including relevant SAGE journal articles to encourage wider reading
- Tutor's notes
- PowerPoint slides
- Additional Journal Articles
- Web links
- Study Questions
The landscape of change is vast, undulating and complex. Julie and Roger have managed to map this landscape very effectively. Their book is well structured combining the rigour of research with great examples from practice. This is an excellent text to use in supporting the teaching of change at either undergraduate or post graduate level. I will certainly be using it.
This is a timely text. A well-structured, comprehensive and innovative book that is both practically engaging and academically grounded. This is a must for any module or programme looking at change in organisations.
Julie Hodges and Roger Gill have presented a comprehensive summary of the landscape of organizational change. ‘Sustaining Change in Organizations’ capably brings together a range of perspective and concepts of change, using these as a foundation for bringing the subject right up to date with contemporary ideas and examples. While the book will win fans from business academia (it is very well referenced and signposts to further reading in each chapter), its accessible style with plenty of bite-sized cases, together with regular summaries, will no doubt see it gracing the desks of those of us tasked with delivering change for a living.
This book supports the module Individual and Organisational Behaviour Change completely. Very useful, with good references to academic research.
Fantastic book, sustainability and change management are examined in real depth.
Some good chapters that are relevant to our module and students
Useful case studies illustrate the text well
I would recommend this book to my Master as well as to my PhD students as an supplemental guide.
The book combines sustainability and change management. It is important that a book gives an overview and combines the two topics. Well done!
useful for all types of health care professions
Sample Materials & Chapters
Ch 2: Theoretical Approaches to Change and Transformation