This book is designed to help pre-service teachers through one of the most important aspects of their education: their school experience placements. Highly practical and accessible, it gives guidance on what happens before, during and after placement, and provides readers with strategies on how to deal with the issues that they will encounter in school, including classroom management, lesson planning and catering for individual differences.
Each chapter includes:
· Relevant AITSL standards that are being addressed
· Key terminology that pre-service teachers need to familiarise themselves with
· Essential questions that encourage discussion of teaching practice
· Frequently asked questions by pre-service teachers with potential responses
· Placement scenarios that offer valuable learning opportunities
The book is also supported by 30+ downloadable lesson plan and classroom-ready templates.
Brian Mundy is a lecturer in Education at Victoria University.