Lecturers/Instructors - Request a free digital inspection copy here.
'For anyone interested in great social marketing practice in the 21st century, and how it needs to adapt as our understanding of behaviour change evolves, this publication is chock full of good practice and smart strategy.’
Dan Metcalfe, Deputy Director - Marketing, Public Health England, UK
Strategic Social Marketing takes a systemic approach to explaining and illustrating the added value of applying marketing to solve social problems. The authors present social marketing principles in a strategic, critical and reflexive way to help engender social good via the effectiveness and efficiency of social programmes in areas such as Health, Environment, Governance and Public Policy. In illustrating how it can be applied, the text places Strategic Social Marketing in a global context, giving examples and case studies from around the world.
Set into a clear structure it:
- Takes you through an exploration of why marketing should be an integral component of all social programme design and delivery when looking to achieve social good
- Moves on to the nature and application of social marketing, rethinking traditional concepts such as
‘value’ and ‘exchange’ in the social context
- Lays out the ‘how to’ so you can create fully realised strategy, plans, frameworks and tactics to influence behaviours.
Visit the Strategic Social Marketing Companion Website - Featuring free resources for marketing students and lecturers.
Strategic Social Marketing by Jeff French and Ross Gordon is accompanied by a free companion website. This website gives you access to a wealth of teaching and learning resources.
A range of useful documents to help you become more strategic social marketers including:
- Evaluation guides
- 30 things we know about how to influence behaviour
- SAGE Marketing Pinterest boards, featuring useful templates, up to date news, and more.
- PowerPoint slides featuring key concepts and figure and tables from the book which can be downloaded and used in presentations
- Images from the books images idea for inserting into your own lecture slides.