- Richard Lynch - Middlesex University, UK
Management Sciences (General) | Strategic Management & Business Policy (General)
The 9th edition of Strategic Management offers comprehensive coverage of all the core areas of business strategy with a strong global perspective.
- Balanced coverage of prescriptive and emergent models of strategic management.
- Application of strategic theory to new areas including technology and innovation strategy, sustainability and green strategy, entrepreneurial strategy and public sector strategy.
- Major revisions to chapters on Strategic Purpose, Knowledge and Networks, Theories of Entrepreneurship and International and Global Strategy in line with key developments.
- 20 brand new cases and updated case material throughout exploring the shifting economic fortunes of companies around the world, the rise of developing nations and rapid changes in communications and technology including the impact of the Corona virus.
- Range of tools within the book and online to support your learning including key strategic principles, strategic project ideas, critical reflections, questions and further reading.
Richard Lynch is Emeritus Professor of Strategic Management at Middlesex University, London.
Strategic Management by Richard Lynch is the definitive textbook on how to proactively create and control an organization’s future direction and competitive advantage. This is the result of a lifetime of experience and insight, distilled into an compelling and comprehensive book. In previous editions, readers have been attracted by the blend of rational and creative thinking in approaching strategic decision-making. The latest, 9th edition, continues this winning formula and, through a range of dynamic new case studies, dives deeper into the latest thinking around important strategy thematics including stakeholder management, knowledge and networks, entrepreneurship, and deglobalization. This is a powerful exposition of how to design and do strategic management in a complex world.
Strategic Management remains the key textbook for exploring both the innovative and planned aspects of strategy. Its readable, student-friendly style works well with its comprehensive and current coverage of all the key strategy topics.
The new ninth edition builds on the strengths and structured presentation of the earlier editions. In particular, the wide range of strategy case material - both new and old - offers insights and challenges for both individual readers and for class discussion. Green strategy issues, sustainability and the many international strategy examples remain major strengths of this book. The companion site and the detailed slides remain an added value allowing to easily adapt the book content for lectures or seminars. MBA students particularly value the discussion of strategy implementation. I will certainly use this new edition in all postgraduate modules