This concise, easy-to-understand and highly visual book helps students to understand the principles behind the many statistical practices. This text helps students to build a mental map to enable them to work their way through tests and procedures with a better level of understanding (and ultimately feel more confident and get better grades). Statistical analysis will also be covered in the book in the same simple-to-follow way, without messy details or complicated formulae. However, this approach does not lead to simple understanding. Instead it allows students to really grasp how to use, and be creative with, statistics.
- A principles-based approach, helping students to apply and adapt their skills to a variety of situation
- Test out principles in practice on the companion website with statistics scenarios
- Carefully designed graphics to explain statistical principles
- Links to relevant sources / further reading for statistical packages, so the book can be used as a portal to/ springboard for further study.
- Developed in conjunction with students means this book answers the key challenges students face.
- Based on a BPS commended programme
Supported by a wealth of online resources at www.sagepub.co.uk/statisticsforpsychology