Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics
- Neil J. Salkind
- Bruce B. Frey - University of Kansas, USA
Now in its Seventh Edition, Neil J. Salkind’s bestselling Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics with new co-author Bruce B. Frey teaches an often intimidating subject with a humorous, personable, and informative approach that reduces statistics anxiety. With instruction in SPSS®, the authors guide students through basic and advanced statistical procedures, from correlation and graph creation to analysis of variance, regression, non-parametric tests, and more. The Seventh Edition includes new real-world examples, additional coverage on multiple regression and power and effect size, and a robust interactive eBook with video tutorials and animations of key concepts. In the end, students who (think they) hate statistics will understand how to explain the results of many statistical analyses and won’t be intimidated by basic statistical tasks.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package accompanies the Seventh Edition!
Interactive eBook: Save when bundled with the Seventh Edition. Includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more -- Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-9339-1. Learn more.
SAGE Premium Video includes animated Core Concepts in Stats Videos, Lightboard Lecture Videos from Bruce B. Frey, and tutorial videos for end-of-chapter of SPSS problems. Only available in the Interactive eBook. Learn more.
SAGE edge: FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE coursepacks: FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
Study Guides: only $5 when bundled with Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics, 7e. To order:
- Study Guide and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9752-8)
- Study Guide for Psychology and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9753-5)
- Study Guide for Education and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9754-2)
- Study Guide for Health & Nursing and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9755-9)
Watch the demo Lightboard Lecture Video on Normal Curve now!
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- datasets that are available for download and use with exercises in the book;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention; and
- links to videos and podcasts for further exploration of statistical topics.
Very easy to review, good examples and well written for students who are unsure of mathematical principles
Integration with SPSS, clear writing, doesn't overwhelm with statistical information, provides clear examples.
Great content, not too scary!
This is a great textbook with useful supplementary resources which make statistics much easier to teach and understand.
I chose the interactive version of this book for the course.
I will be using the newest edition. This is the perfect textbook for my undergraduate and graduate students.
I have used every edition of this text since the first.
This text is great for review and independent work at the graduate level. The students have had a positive response.
A nice book to give confidence to those that 'don't do numbers'
I love the writing style and approachability.
great textbook, I used the previous editions as well
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1. Statistics or Sadistics? It's Up To You
Chapter 2. Computing and Understanding Averages