New to the Fourth Edition:
- A new chapter 20 dealing with large data sets using Excel functions and pivot tables, and illustrating how certain databases and other categories of functions and formulas can help make the data in big data sets easier to work with and the results more understandable.
- New chapter-ending exercises are included and contain a variety of levels of application.
- Additional TechTalks have been added to help students master Excel 2016.
- A new, chapter-ending Real World Stats feature shows readers how statistics is applied in the everyday world.
- Basic maths instruction and practice exercises for those who need to brush up on their math skills are included in the appendix.
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Multimedia content includes original SAGE videos that appeal to students with different learning styles
- A Course cartridge with bonus quizzes provides easy LMS integration
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- A complete online action plan allows you to track your progress and enhance your learning experience
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- Meaningful web and video resources facilitate further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
- Data files allow you to follow along with the exercises in the book